Tuesday, March 30, 2010


After Skate rehearsal I went to see a friends band play in a very small bar/band venue.

I had a really fun time. I usually do when I see a band even though it often appears that I'm not.
And people will come up to me, assuming I hate the music.

Here's the thing.
I have a lot of...idiosyncrasies.
And most of them do not go well with the concert environment.

For starters I am claustrophobic, so I usually put some distance between me and the crowd.
I also have to have my back to a wall, which will push me even further away from the stage.
I try not to jump around because of my various body injuries. Also the intense clumsiness and likelihood of someone smacking into me.
Since one of the injuries involves a torn meniscus in both of my knees, I will sit down if there is a chair available.

All of the above equals me sitting still and watching from a distance.
I can see how that could be intrepreted as not having a good time, I can.
But I am, I promise.
If I was up jumping around in the group it would only end in tragedy.
Then I would not have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment