Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Commercial Audition

I had an audition today for a commercial that was improvised "in the style of those Sonic Commercials".
I'm pretty sure my improv experience is the only reason I was sent on the audition, because I do not look old enough to play a 12-year-old's mother. Older sister, maybe.

But I went and was happy to do it anyway.
When they called my name up for the group, the dude playing the 'father' looked around, confused.
DUDE: Wait, do I not get a wife?
CASTING LADY: Yes, Tabitha is playing your wife (points).
DUDE: Oh. OH. I'm so sorry, you just look SO YOUNG. Like, way too young.
ME: Yep.

The dude then proceeded to barrel through the audition, doing everyone's parts for them.
On the way out, he gave me his business card and a handwritten flyer to the party he is having this Sunday.

I did not book the commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment