Saturday, February 27, 2010

Day 3 in Texas.

Today I spent with my Dad, going through some things and visiting the veteran cemetary where my grandparents ashes are. I didn't come home when my grandmother passed away, she hadn't wanted a service or, I'm guessing, for anyone to be inconvenienced. It's very like her. It was a strange feeling going to where the ashes are kept.

And even stranger to be in a picture with the plaque covering them. I didn't want to smile, that seemed innappropriate, so the picture came out looking like the dvd cover for my drama where I solve mysterious war crimes.  After the cemetary, we went to check on her house, which is up for sale now.

She lived here as long as I knew her and it was another strange feeling to go there and her not be there. And also for all of her stuff to be gone.

That evening we went to another restaurant I love, the Italian Inn. It was very, very good.
After, I met up with my old roommate/bestie, Mike.

We caught up on things and noticed some older women hugging our waiter as they left.
Mike (to waiter): Any luck with those cougars?
Waiter: That's my wife bro.
Mike: (silence)
Me: (supressed laughter)

No comments:

Post a Comment