Tuesday, January 5, 2010


Currently Reading...

A once-favorite author of mine, LJ Smith, has been re-releasing her books from about 10 or more years ago.

When I was in junior high I began reading her various series, one of which involved the end of the world.
At some point while writing the books the author had a family medical emergency and stopped writing before the very last book was completed. 15 year old me was devastated.
So devastated in fact, that it's been a decade and I have never stopped checking to see if the book would be released.

Then one of her other series, The Vampire Diaries, was picked up by the CW to be a tv show. Suddenly all of her books are available AND she is finishing the last book from the other series. So I purchased every book from the unfinished series (The Night World) plus the trilogy pictured above.

Re-reading the books I feel a mixture of young awkward me, delighted with every word in the book, combatting with older awkward me, who is well aware that these books are geared towards a much younger audience. Younger me usually wins. But older me reared its head today on the train when I came across the phrase "psychic vampire" and suddenly realized that the font is large enough for strangers around me to be reading along.

No comments:

Post a Comment