Monday, January 25, 2010


Currently reading...

To make up for my brief foray into teenage vampire novels, I am now reading House of Leaves.
I cannot recommend it enough.
It has more thought put into it than any book I have ever read.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone who may want to read it, but one of the chapters looks like this:


So now I look crazy on the train because some of the text is upside down and I am constantly turning the book this way and that. Or I'll come across pages like this:


And then I really do notice people looking at the book and then at me.
But it could be worse. At least there's not large type font of the word "psychic vampire".


1 comment:

  1. I think I've heard about this book.. I will admit to reading the Twilight series, I however buffered each book with other non vampire books. Didn't want to get too saturated with it all. Didn't want to start believing I would find my "edward" and he would sparkle and then he and my shape shifter wolf friend would fight over me. And eventually I too would be a vampire and live happily ever after.

    ps you're welcome for the novel of a comment on this.

    ReplyDelete