Sunday, December 13, 2009


Purple Penguin

I spent Sunday recovering from the anniversary. I think I got home around 3:30am after Zach put me in a cab (free drinks all night = no driving).
This penguin was one of my many souveniers. They were set up everywhere and people started to take them. I wanted one, but Norm stopped me because he didn't think they were takeable. After awhile we realized that tons of people were carrying them around, so he said to go ahead. But then there were no more left. Near the end of the night, I found this one. He may have been discarded because his beak is chipped. But I don't care, I love him.

They also handed out swag bags, which included a jacket, a Second City book, and some other things. My absolute favorite is this chair ornament:


It's amazing how something as simple as a style of chair can represent something so specific to so many people. It's the same chair from every improv scene I've done since classes at Four Day Weekend.
Now it lives at my desk, where it can remind me the reason I work a day job in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment