Wednesday, December 23, 2009


Shane's Self-Potrait (a little blurry from the camera, not the picture)

My younger brother is a fantastically talented artist.
He's about to turn 17 and he's already had all sorts of high praise and awards for his work.

Today I received this email from my Mom:
"I forgot to tell you the news about Shane! He entered a drawing in this years Reflections contest in the Visual Arts category. The theme this year was BEAUTY IS... and he won first place! His art teacher said he won some type of cash award, but we haven't heard about that yet. Now his work will go to the next level of competition, so we will see what happens :) "

I'm really, really proud of him. But also a little jealous. It's nice to have a tangible talent.
When someone says, "Oh you're an artist, what have you done?" he can just hand them a drawing.
But when someone says, "Oh you're a comedian, are you funny?" I just scowl and say "No".

1 comment:

  1. I should mention, the self-portrait is not the contest-winning piece. He hasn't gotten that one back yet, but when I get a pic of it I will post it.

    ReplyDelete