Saturday, December 12, 2009


The Second City's 50th Anniversary

I was very lucky to get to go to portions of the Anniversary this weekend.
I was even more lucky to be Norm's guest and have an all-access Alumni pass, so that I could hang out in the lounge and see everyone who was there.


The rooms were set up with simulcast tv, so that you could watch the shows in a lounge with everyone.
I also had tickets for the ETC stage, so I went back and forth.
In the end, it was more fun to be in the lounge, where you could chat and watch.




After watching the ETC show for a bit, Zach and I ran into the back bar area to grab a drink.
There were bars set up every few feet and all the drinks were free, but we went to the backstage area because it was the closest. While our drinks were being made, Jill Talley (of Mr. Show), rushed by us on her way to the stage. She's not somone that many people are aware of, but I am and I absolutely adore her. As she brushed by us I almost burst into tears.
Obviously there were many, many other famous people there but seeing her meant the most to me. She was the only regular female cast member on Mr. Show and she is incredibly talented. She's also the voice of Karen, Plankton's computer wife, on Spongebob.

If you don't know who she is, enjoy this video from Season 2 of Mr. Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment