Wednesday, December 9, 2009


Since the break-up a lot of things have changed, and recently it would appear that some of our once-mutual friends have decided to be mad at me. Even though that's not necessarily fair.

But I do understand - you see your one friend is very sad and down and the other friend seems to be okay. So maybe you make some assumptions about what happened, whether or not they're true.

As far as I know, not many people know the reasons behind why things finally ended. And that's fine, it's not a story I enjoy re-telling. I am certainly not going to post it here.

What I will say is sometimes when one person makes a mistake that hurts the other person, they begin to grieve during the relationship, but can heal after it has ended. While the mistake-maker has to go through a completely different emotional process, that in my experience is much worse than just a relationship ending.

Just because one person made a mistake doesn't mean you shouldn't be there for them. But it's also not fair to blame the other person for the way your friend is feeling. Because the only people who really know what happened are the people it happened to.

Since this blog is to be about happy future things, consider this entry me tying up a string from 2009. Part of moving forward is dealing with the past.

1 comment:

  1. Quite nicely put. Yes, how we feel is oftentimes the product of how we wish to feel, isn't it? I applaud your efforts to create a brighter, happier tomorrow.

    -v

    ReplyDelete